A quick development of AR to assist assembly of Yulei’s Bridge, to test my AR application in real construction.
My dear friend Yu Lei attempts to put together a robotic fabricated complex wooden bridge for the third time in three years. This time due to the expansion in scale, the assemble process didn’t go as smooth as before. Deviations accumulated to a point that the structure couldn’t match.
We tried to calibrate the structure by comparing it to a AR projected perfect bridge structure, comparing it with the real stuff to see where the problem is the most significant.
The process utilized my newly developed AR application programmed in processing, using bar code as spatial marker.
For the AR librarys I used, kindly refer to:
nyar4psg NyARToolkit for processing (All releases)